Responsibility to our Community: Eco-Friendly Operation and Earth-Cognizant Products
Baker Paper & Supply is committed to the reduction of our impact on the Earth for the sake of the generations to come after us. Not only are we striving to provide eco-friendly products for hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturers, and many other businesses, but we are also taking action to minimize the effect our facility and operations have on the environment.
Partnership and Participation in
DEAL is a structured learning, analytics, and awards program to get and keep businesses streamlined and fit so they can:
- Implement Efficient and Sustainable Practices
- Give our Customers the Supply-Chain Information They Need
- Create a Healthier, Greener Community
Three Steps to a Greener Community
1. Set Goals 2. Track Data 3. Reduce Usage
To be Accountable to our Commitment of Environmental Stewardship, we Set Goals and Track Data.
- Provide cost-effective, sustainable solutions to our customers.
- Participate in local events and be an active member of the community.
- Reduce energy, water and fuel consumption by 2% each year.
- Participate in the DEAL program to keep improving.
- Maintain a recycling program for pallets, shrink wrap and cardboard.
- Tracked Data
- Benchmark our performance to track progress and prevent backslide.
- Review performance regularly to ensure we are meeting our goals.
Through Hard Work and Dedication, we are Proud to Share our Usage Reduction Progress.
- Achieved ENERGY STAR scores of 90.
- Provided a diverse catalog of sustainable products to customers, making up 75% of the items sold.
- Supporting organizations & programs throughout Cedar Rapids such as: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), JDRF One Walk, & the Cedar Rapids Kernels.
- Installed LED lighting in Baker Paper & Supply facility.
- Achieved ENERGY STAR certification at the Baker Paper & Supply distribution center.
- Maintained a U.S. EPA SmartWay certified delivery fleet.